Sunday, January 31, 2010

State Wrestling

So this is my chance to be a proud mama and brag for just a little bit. Not just on my own kids, but on the whole Bear River Junior High Wrestling team. We had a great wrestling year and took 28 kids with us to state over the weekend. Last year we took 21 wrestlers with us to state and we placed 13th out of 15 teams in 3A State. This year we placed 5th in 3A and 8th overall (1A/2A/3A) out of 37 teams. In just the Middle School Division (5th & 6th graders) we placed 3rd. Out of the 28 wrestlers that we took to state, 14 of them medaled. This is a great improvement for our wrestling program. Ted is so excited for the future of Bear River Wrestling. He is a great coach for these kids. Matt, Reed and Shawn also do a great job coaching these boys.
Now for my boys. Easton did a great job this year. He had about 20 kids in his bracket at 86 lbs. and placed 5th. He lost his first round so he fought hard to make it back into the running. I believe he had a total of 7 matches.

Holden had 16 kids in his bracket at 65 lbs. He is the State Champ! He was so excited. After the championship round as soon as he had shaken the opposite coaches hand he went running to his dad and jumped into his arms. Now, if you know Holden you know that he doesn't show a lot of emotion. I think he had half of us Bear River fans in the stands in tears. It was an exciting match.

I'm so proud of my boys and the determination they have and the hard work that they put into this sport. It's not an easy one. To have to be out on that mat by yourself cannot be easy. Good job boys and I love ya!!!!

These are our two state champs. Holden at 65 lbs and Ridge at 108 lbs. If I get a chance I am going to steal this kid and make him our own. Also three out of our four coaches. Reed Cutler, Ted and Matt Cutler. Shawn Judkins is the other coach.

No comments: